Fancy Tissue Box - Sympathy & Get Well Soon Release | The Maker's Movement

 Hello Crafters and Welcome Back!

My card today is a Get Well Soon Card featuring a fancy tissue box! This card uses lots of great products from the recent release from The Maker's Movement! My YouTube Tutorial gives you a look at all the products and explains how I put this card together. And if you're anything like me, we're only halfway through summer with the kids home, so I think we all could use a tissue for those tears!😓


Shop The New Maker's Movement July Release


Watch the Tutorial and Product Run-Through on YouTube

Like what you're seeing? Pin this picture for later on Pinterest!

Here is a quick run through on the process to make this card, however, full details can be found within the YouTube video linked above.

To start I pulled the grey and white polka dot and floral print papers from the 6 x 6 inch Cloudy Day Paper Pad. I used a blending brush to add Saltwater Taffy Distress Ink to the floral print paper since much of it was white and I wanted to add more colour. I cut it down to just under 4" x 6" and used the cross border die from the Mini Slimline Essentials Set to cut a rectangle out of the grey polka dot paper. I adhered the polka dot panel near the bottom of the saltwater taffy coloured panel and adhered this to a 4" x 6" white card base. 


I cut the tissue box from the Tissue Box Die Set out of Navy Blue cardstock and the tissues out of white cardstock and vellum. I used the long border stamp from the Thank You stamp set and heat embossed it in Ranger Silver embossing powder just across the front of the tissue box. I also added two strips of small clear gems (from the dollar store) and two small strips of gold glitter cardstock. I then assembled the box and attached the large white cardstock tissue piece and the two vellum tissue pieces in front after curving it a little to make it look more realistic and give it dimension. I adhered this to the polka dot panel of the card. 

I used the Get Better die to cut the sentiment from the same navy blue cardstock and some silver glitter cardstock. Then I adhered them in an offset fashion to create a shadow. I propped this up on the card with thin strips of black foam adhesive. Finally, I used some iridescent gems to embellish this card.


I also decide to add a little something to the inside. I took the leftover cut off of the saltwater taffy coloured paper and added it to the bottom right corner of the card inside along with a strip of navy cardstock and gems, like on the card front. This nicely ties in the design on the inside. I also stamped out the sentiment from the Everything Sucks stamp set in Versafine Clair Nocturne ink. 

And there you have it! I hope you've been inspired to make something similar yourself. All of the products have been linked below for your shopping pleasure! 

As always, thanks for stopping by. And don't forget to leave me a comment, as I love hearing from you! And don't forget to follow me on Instagram @deezinesbyd where you'll find a bunch more inspo!!

Supplies 

(note: Any products not included here are linked within the blog text/or are linked to something similar) 

Comments

Popular Posts