Mixing Christmas Card Kits! | Spellbinders Santa Lane & All Aboard Kits

 Hello Friends!

Have you ever tried mixing card kits with similar themes to create unique card designs? I did exactly that using the Spellbinders New Santa Lane card kit and last year's All Aboard card kit. They have slightly different colour schemes but the Christmas theme in both works well together! Today I'm sharing four 5"x7" cards made with a mix of both kits!


Shop Spellbinders for the Santa Lane Card Kit!!

and The All Aboard Card Kit!!

Like what you're seeing? Pin this picture for later on Pinterest!

Here's a quick description of each card of the 4 cards.

Card 1


This card was made using the 5" x 7" card base and the pattern paper and die cuts are from the All Aboard Card Kit. I arranged them around the sentiment card, propped up with foam, which was from the Santa Lane kit. In order to get the 6" x 6" paper to fill up the 7" height of this card, I added 2 strips of gold metallic cardstock, that comes with both kits, on the top and bottom of the card. I embellished this one with some gems from the Santa Lane Kit.

Card 2


To get the pattern paper to fit on this 5" x 7" card base, I used two papers - the white paper is from the Santa Lane kit and the blue from the All Aboard kit. I added a gold trim between the two papers to give a finished look and to add more interest. I adhered the tag and banner die cuts from the All Aboard kit and used both kits for the "MERRY Christmas" sentiment. Then I embellished it with glitter stars from the All Aboard kit and some clear gems.

Card 3


This card mainly uses the All Aboard kit except for the background pattern paper. I added the dark green cardstock to the 5" x 7" card base and cut the pattern paper to 6" x 4.25". I adhered the paper so there was a border of the green cardstock and then added the large floral and foliage die cuts from the All Aboard kit to create a border. I did this with the help of Press N' Seal and added foam to adhered this to the card. I then cut off the overhanging bits and tried to fill in the border with some of the cut pieces. I added the "Love" tag, matted into the gold cardstock to help it stand out and added then "MERRY CHRISTMAS" chipboard sticker from the Santa Lane kit. The embellishments were from the All Aboard kit along with some clear gems.

Card 4


To fill this 5" x 7" card, I adhered the floral paper from the Santa Lane kit on the top 3/4 of the card and added a wide red strip of cardstock on the bottom. I added a small strip of red glitter cardstock along the join from the All Aboard kit. I arranged the die cuts from the All Aboard kit, including the sentiment and added the "to the world" strip and white stars from the Santa Lane kit. To finish this card off I added some clear gems and gold pearl embellishments.


 And that's how I made these unique cards by mixing these two great kits! I hope my tricks for using the larger card bases inspire you to create with this card size too! Both kits are still available in the Spellbinders store so please feel free to click the links at the top of this post to check them out! 

As always, thanks for stopping by. And don't forget to leave me a comment, as I love hearing from you! And please check out my Instagram account where I have a reel that sums all of this up @deezinesbyd

Have a great day and I hope to see you again!

Comments

Popular Posts