Scrapbooking with the Santa Lane Christmas Card Kit | Spellbinders

 Hello Friends!

I've been on this kick lately where I use the Spellbinders card kits to make scrapbook layouts! Today I'm using the Santa Lane card kit to capture last years Christmas memories. I used to scrapbook a lot and stopped to do cardmaking. Now I'm slowly getting back into it and I just don't know how I didn't realize how ideal these card kits are for scrapbooking! Pattern paper, die cuts, stickers, chipboard, embellishments - say no more - it's perfect!


Shop Spellbinders for the Santa Lane Card Kit!!

Like what you're seeing? Pin this picture for later on Pinterest!

Process Outline

- I used a striped grey and white 12" x 12" background from a large paper pad I have called Silver Classics

- I adhered 2 of the black and white crisscross papers from the 6" x 6" on the left side of the layout

- I took my 2 photos and cut them down to size based on where and how I wanted to place the on my layout

- I matted the photos onto the grey wordy pattern paper from the pad and onto the red cardstock from the kit

- I adhered the photos to the layout where I wanted them on the left side

- I used my Pinkfresh Studio Diamond Nested Dies and lined them all up so that I could cut 7 diamonds out of the gold cardstock from the kit

- I arranged the diamonds on the right side of layout over the striped area and adhered them down with some of the die cuts from the kit in the the centers. 


- I used the red glitter letters to spell out "joy" above the photos

- picked some more die cuts and arranged them around the joins and corners of the photos - I adhered them with a mix of foam squares and liquid glue

- I added a few tag die cuts on the top left corner of the layout and added a few sub-sentiments with foam above the "joy" sentiment and below the largest photo

- I used the gold puffy stickers that were shaped like twinkle stars and added them around the diamonds radiating out from the tips vertically to create that twinkle effect

- I also added some clear champagne coloured gems as well to add some crystal shine



 And that's all it took to put together this layout! I hope you've been inspired to make something similar yourself and check out the Santa Lane Card Kit! The kit was my main supply so I've linked it near the top of this post for your shopping pleasure!

As always, thanks for stopping by. And don't forget to leave me a comment, as I love hearing from you! 

Have a great day and I hope to see you again!

Comments

Popular Posts