Using Your Card Kit Scraps for Scrapbooking! | Spellbinders August Butterfly Sparkle Card Kit

  Hello Friends!

I've been itching to share this little trick to use up card kit scraps for a while now - so here it is! Who said that a card kit must be used to make cards?! Luckily, no one!😉 I like to use my cut up scraps from the paper pads and any extra die cuts along with the extra stickers left from my kits to create scrapbook layouts! Today, I'm sharing a layout I made with the scraps from my Spellbinders August Card Kit of the Month. And this layout is particularly perfect for using up strips of paper from the paper pads.


The kit is still available to purchase right up until tomorrow, August 28th - So get yours now!

The Butterfly Sparkle Card Kit

Like what you're seeing? Pin this picture for later on Pinterest!

When I'm making my cards with the club kits, I usually cover my card base with a patterned paper from the paper pad. So this means I end up cutting off strips to make it fit the A2-sized card. I usually collect these strips in the paper pad or in a separate envelope to keep and use up as I create. In the end, I end up with tons of strips of papers and so I thought a layout like this one would be ideal to use up those strips.


Process Outline:

- Cut down strips of paper pad scraps to varying sizes in width 

- Adhere the strips on the pink 12" x 12" canvas cardstock with Tombow Dot Runner adhesive in an overlapping random fashion

- Add a few strips of scrap gold metallic cardstock from the kit on top of paper pad strips

- Adhere any extra long strip-like die cuts over the strips with foam squares as well (ex. musical note strip, red sentiment banner strip, etc.)

- Use the frame die from the kit to cut a gold metallic frame and cut it in half diagonally

- Adhere this on either corner of your picture of choice and attach this to the center of the layout with foam


- Pick any left over die cuts that fit your theme and arrange them around the photo 

- Add the glitter "Smile" sentiment from the kit just above the photo on the right along with the large glitter star

- Arrange butterflies around the photo with foam squares and add one 3D butterfly sticker

- Stamp out the scripty sentiment in Versafine Claire Nocturne ink on white cardstock 

-Attach the stamped sentiment to the bottom left of the layout beneath the photo with foam squares and the tag, camera and dandelion die cut

- Add the circle sentiment chipboard sticker

- Add a few small gold stars from the die cut pack

-Embellish with Spellbinders Peach Opalescent Sequins and small clear gems




And that's all there was to it! I got to use up my scraps and in turn I have this neat layout to capture memories in a crafty way! If you hate wasting scraps like me - this is a great way to use them up!

So if you're an avid scrapbooker, I encourage you to purchase just one kit and use it to scrapbook instead of making cards. And if you've never made a scrapbook layout before, I highly suggest giving it a try! If  you have these kits already or already subscribe, just make one layout and if you like it - hey you have another use for your card kits and that's always a plus! 

And that's my final bit of inspiration for Spellbinders Butterfly Sparkle August 2022 card kit! If you like this idea, please consider following/subscribing to my media outlets below. I'm going to share at least one layout per card kit going forward!

Instagram @deezinesbyd

Facebook: DeeZines By D

Pinterest: DeeZines By D

YouTube: DeeZines By D

 Have a great day and I hope to see you again!

Comments

Popular Posts