A Peacock with a Folk Song Bird | Spellbinders Winter Tales Collection by Zsoka Marko

 Hello Friends!

As soon as I saw this cute little folk song bird, all I could think was beautiful peacock feathers! And that was my inspiration. This card features the new Winter Tales Collection by Zsoka Marko available in the Spellbinders' store now! I wanted to show you how that you can use these winter-themed folk art sets for everyday cards as well.


Like what you're seeing? Pin this picture for later on Pinterest!

In order to get the peacock look for the feathers for this card, I used the feather die to cut out teal glitter, blue glitter and teal textured cardstock 3 times. I then pieced the various pieces together mixing the colours by adding double sided adhesive and foam squares at the top of each feather. I also added some iridescent gems for the circle centres of the feathers. I cut the main body out of blue texture and blue glitter cardstock and offset them, while adding teal cardstock behind the detail cutouts. I also cut the head feathers from black glitter cardstock and the leaves from white glitter cardstock. once cut I placed these aside to work on my background and sentiment


I grabbed a passion fruit coloured cardstock and cut it down to 4.25" x 5.5". I used Spellbinders Bright Pink Foil and foiled the Crossed Lines Cardfront Glimmer plate on the panel. I cut the panel down to 4" x 5.25" and adhered it to a side folding landscape A2-sized white card base. I arranged the folk song bird die cuts and adhered them to the card. I used the "Hello, Sweet Friend" sentiment from the Mini Everyday Sentiments Glimmer plates set and foiled it onto slightly darker cardstock than the background in Cobalt Blue Foil. I used the coordinating banner die to cut it out and adhered it to the card with a foam strip.


I finished this card off with some small gems around the body and scattered in the background. And that's my inspiration for this fun set! There are a few more sets from this collection that can definitely be used year round, so don't forget that when you're looking to purchase these items!

That's all I have for today but please don't forget to subscribe to see more as I will be posting more Spellbinders inspo for September! And as always, all of the products used here have been listed below - Happy Shopping!

Also, don't forget to check out/follow me on my Instagram account @deezinesbyd. I constantly post reels of this and many other projects!

 Have a Great Day!

Supplies 

(note: Any products not included here are linked within the blog text) 

Comments

Popular Posts