Are You Yeti For Christmas? | The Maker's Movement

  Hello Crafters and Welcome Back!

Okay so I know September is just ending and there's Halloween and Thanksgiving to come but ... I had to share this cute "Yeti for Christmas" card! I've used some great products from The Maker's Movement and the pattern paper used was from the Rainbow Sprinkles pack which is coincidentally great for snowy backgrounds!



Like what you're seeing? Pin this picture for later on Pinterest!

To start, I used the Yeti Christmas Stamp & Die set to stamp out the Yeti, 2 mountains and the gift using Spectrum Noir Alcohol-Safe Flagstone ink. I then coloured these cute imaages in with my Copic Ciao markers and die cut them with the coordinating dies. For my sentiment, I stamped out the "Yeti or not..." sentiment and heat embossed it in white embossing powder on Royal Blue cardstock. I put these pieces to the side to work onmy background and shaker element next.

 I used the Mini Slimline Essentials die set to cut a scalloped border from white cardstock using the 2nd and 3rd largest dies, taped together. I used the largest mini slimline die to cut a rectangle from the blue sprinkles paper from the Rainbow Sprinkles paper pack. And I also cut a rectangle using the 3rd largest die from the white polka dot sprinkle paper from the same paper pack. I wanted to have lots of layers for interest. 


I then cut a mini slimline card base from white cardstock that was 1/4" larger in width and length than the largest blue sprinkle rectangle panel I just cut. I adhered the blue sprinkle rectangle and the white polka dot sprinkle rectangle in the center of the card base, on eon top of the other. I then added an acetate rectangle behind the white scalloped frame to create the face of my shaker element. I placed thin strips of foam tape around the outer edge of the scalloped frame, making sure the foam connected such that shakeer bits would not fall out of my finished card. I adhered the 2 mountain images on the far right of my card base. I also made sure to add some antistatic powder around the mountains and the scalloped frame to prevent my shaker bits from sticking to any stray adhesive. Finally, I finished off the front with a few iridescent gems.

Whenever I get the chance, I always try to add a little something on the inside of my cards. So on the inside of this card, I stamped out another sentiment from the Yeti stamp set in VersaFine Clair Nocturne ink. I also stamped the little heart and coloured it in blue to match the front of the card. It's quick and simple but I really think it finishes off the card nicely!

And that's how I put together this cute shaker card! I hope you've been inspired to make something similar yourself. All of the products have been linked below for your shopping pleasure! 

As always, thanks for stopping by. And don't forget to leave me a comment, as I love hearing from you! And don't forget to follow me on Instagram @deezinesbyd where you'll find a bunch more inspo!!

Supplies 

(note: I will always try to link the exact product or something similar) 

Comments

Popular Posts