Kind Reminders Shaker Card | Altenew September Inspiration Challenge

 Hello Friends!

Today's card uses the Kind Reminders Stamp and Stencil from Altenew. I was inspired by the challenge image below and made this card to participate/enter in the Altenew September Inspiration Challenge! I've had this set sitting in my craft room for a while and I'm so happy I could use it for this card today. The results of the stamp and stencil are gorgeous!


Challenge Image


I also created a reel for the creation of this card. You can watch it below on my YouTube channel or you can also find it on my Instagram account 👉 @deezinesbyd , where you can find a ton more card inspiration!

Watch the Reel on YouTube

Like what you're seeing? Pin this picture for later on Pinterest!

The Creation Process

To start, I stamped out the 3 flowers from the Kind Reminders Stamp Set using Altenew Jet Black Ink and my MISTI. I then used the coordinating stencil and a blending brush to add ink to the flowers and leaves. I added the following Altenew inks:

- Flowers - Pink Pearl and Coral Bliss inks
- Leaves - Firefly and Grass Field inks

This set is unique in that it stamps out 2 flowers that are mirror images of each other and one flower has one less leaf bunch. So you have to flip the stencil to add ink to the second flower. Once you get stencilling its actually quite easy to figure out with a bit of trial and error. But I think this is actually a cool idea and helps bring down the price point for us as consumers. 

Once the images were all inked up, I fussy cut the images out. You can also use the coordinating dies which makes this much easier, but I didn't have them on hand.


For my card background, I cut a 5" x 6.5" white card base. I used the Altenew Fine Frames Rectangles Die to cut out a set of frames from gold mirror cardstock. I took the largest and the third largest frames and adhered them to the card base. I then used a sheet of paper to mask the area in between the 2 frames (simply by holding it there with my hand) and I added the Pink Pearl ink with a blending brush to the inner and outer part of the card base. This left the space within the 2 frames white. 

Next, I created my shaker element using the Altenew Fine Frames Circle Die. I used it to cut out gold mirror cardstock once and white card stock 6 times. I took the largest circles from the sets and adhered the 6 largest white circles together. I adhered the largest gold circle to some acetate and cut around it. I then, adhered the gold circle with acetate onto the 6 layered circles; this created the top of my shaker. I stamped out the sentiment from the Kind Reminders stamp set onto white cardstock in VersaFine Clair Nocturne ink. I used the Fine Frames Circle Die on the flat side to trace a circle around the stamped sentiment and cut it out. I then added some clear crystals in the center and adhered the 7 layered frames with acetate onto the sentiment circle, cutting off any overhanging cardstock. 


To assemble the card, I simply adhered the 2 larger floral images onto the card base with liquid glue. I attached the shaker sentiment circle in the center, on top of the floral die cuts. I then, adhered the last floral slightly on top of the shaker element, adding foam to the areas that would adhere to the card base.

To finish off this card, I added some Pinkfresh Studio Iridescent Drops and some Diamond Stickles to the flowers. 

And there you have it! I hope you've been inspired to make something similar yourself. I snook this post in before the cut-off but there's still one more day to link up your creations to the Altenew challenge post (link at the top of this post). 

All of the products have been linked below for your shopping pleasure! As always, thanks for stopping by. And don't forget to leave me a comment, as I love hearing from you! 


Supplies 

(note: Any products not included here are linked within the blog text/or are linked to something similar) 

Comments

Popular Posts