Inked Backgrounds with Silhouette Die Cuts | Scrappy Tails Crafts

 Hello Friends!

I have some scenic Halloween cards to share using some products from Scrappy Tails Crafts. These cards feature ink blended full moon backgrounds and black silhouette die cuts with hand-drawn details. The Halloween Animals die set is perfect for adding a dimensional focal point in front of these full moons. You can find all of the details in the YouTube Tutorial linked below.



Watch the Video Tutorial on YouTube- CLICK HERE👇


Watch The Video Short on YouTube


Like what you're seeing? Pin this picture for later on Pinterest!

For an in depth look at how I put these 3 cards together, go ahead and check out the YT video linked above!☺

Here are some pictures of the 3 cards and a short description of each!

Card 1


For this card, I chose to use the wolf die from the Halloween Animals die set. I think a howling wolf in front of a full moon is iconic and with this ink blended background, this canine really pops! I used some black cardstock to create the mound of ground and my Pigma Micron Markers to draw on the shrubbery/trees.

I used Oxide inks in Black Soot, Chipped Sapphire, Stormy Sky, Dusty Concord, Abandoned Coral for the background and Scattered Straw and Fossilized Amber for the Moon. I find the Oxide Inks blend so nicely and work well for this technique.To create the hazy clouds around the moon, I used some Hero Arts Unicorn white pigment ink with a finger dauber and dabbed the ink to create a cloudy look. I also added some of the white ink to the edges of the wolf die cut to create the glow of the moon.

The key to this card is to cut a circle mask and place this on the panel before inking it up; this creates the moon. I also used a white Gelly Roll Pen size 08 to draw on the stars.


Card 2


I used the same technique to create this card except this time I chose the owl as a focal point and placed my circle mask off center. I used Oxide inks in Black Soot, Villainous Potion, Wilted Violet, and Seedless Preserves for the background and Scattered Straw and Fossilized Amber for the Moon. I also added ink in a circular fashion around the moon instead of in a horizontally linear fashion like the first card. 

The owl die from the Halloween Animal Die Set is very cool in that you can add coloured eyes and a layered chest for a more dimensional effect. I added the chest layer with foam squares to acheive this look. Just like Card 1, I added the silhouette tree and branches with my Pigma Micron Markers. 

I added the sentiment with white heat embossing using the Witch's Brew Stamp Set. And this time instead of drawing stars or white dots, I sprinkled the inked panel with water and dabbed it off with a dry towel. 


Card 3


This card was created much the same way as the other 2 except, I cut a larger circle mask and placed it slightly off the edge of the panel. You can see that all these variations create different looks and you can choose what works for you. On this card I chose to use the Black Cat, placed it on a mound again and drew in the grass.

I used Oxide inks in Black Soot, Chipped Sapphire, Pine Needles and Twisted Citron for the background and Scattered Straw and Fossilized Amber for the Moon. I added the ink in a circular motion around the moon and sprinkled water on the panel to create the twinkle look of the night. I added the sentiment with Versaine Clair Nocturne Ink and placed it in the moon this time. 

Finally I finished this card off with some small clear gems, which are on the first two cards as well.


And that's all the inspo I have for today! Don't forget to subscribe on YT if you'd like to see more and all of the products used have been listed below for your shopping pleasure!

As always, thanks for stopping by. And don't forget to follow me on Instagram @deezinesbyd where you'll find a short reel for this card!

Supplies 

(note: if I can't find the same product used, I will always link something similar)

Comments

Popular Posts