Poinsettias in the Snow | SSS Monday Challenge

  Hello Crafters!

When I saw the Mood Board over at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge, I knew I had to create this card. It's so inspiring - I urge you to take a look and enter! I chose to use some older SSS, Whimsy Stamps and Waffle Flower products and just feel like the colour combo for this challenge is so striking. Hope you like it!


Watch The Reel on YouTube

Like what you're seeing? Pin this picture for later on Pinterest!

So a couple years back I purchased a gorgeous card kit from Simon Says Stamp and hardly used it. It's got some great products but I just never found the time and then forgot I had it (who else has done this??) I had a look at the mood board for this challenge (below) and I immediately thought of the Snowflakes January Card Kit. 


I chose one of the grey snowflake background papers from the Whimsy Stamps Blurry Flurries 6 x6 Paper Pad. Then I cut a panel just a bit smaller then 4-1/4" x 5-1/2" and embossed it with the SSS Filigree Snowflakes Embossing Folder. The results are so impressive!


I then added some liquid glue to the bottom and sides of the panel and sprinkled on some SSS Unicorn Confetti Glitter. I set this aside to dry and worked on the poinsettias. I used the Waffle Flower Crafts Layered Poinsettias dies to cut 5 layers out (one of each size and 2 extra of the smaller sizes) of white cardstock. I used some Altenew inks in Velvet and Yellow Ochre with detail brushes to add colour to the poinsettias. 


I assembled the flowers and then I added some Distress Mica Flakes to the edges with glue. I adhered the snowflake panel to a top folding A2-sized card base and carefully attached the poinsettias with foam squares. For the sentiment, I used the SSS Snowflake Season stamp set with Pinecone VersaFine Clair ink. I cut this into a banner and adhered it to the card with foam squares.


I used the Pinkfresh Studio Jewels Mix to embellish the card with Espresso Jewels in the flower centers and Peach Fuzz jewels on the background. I also added some Diamond Stickles to the top of the sentiment banner to look like icicles, in keeping with the frosty theme!

And that's how this card came together. I'm so pleased with how it turned out and I can't wait to make a bunch more! As always, all of the products used here have been listed below for your shopping convenience!! 

Also, don't forget to check out/follow me on my Instagram account @deezinesbyd !


x x x 

Supplies 

(note: Any products not included here are linked within the blog text)

Comments

Popular Posts