Thanksgiving Foliage Frame | Kat Scrappiness

 Hello Friends and Crafters!

I made this card in honour of our neighbours to the south celebrating Thanksgiving this week. Here in Canada Thanksgiving has already passed but I thought this Foliage Frame from Kat Scrappiness would be perfect for a fall card. As an FYI - Kat Scrappiness also just released their Winter Release so don't forget to check that out in the shop!


Watch The Video Short on YouTube

Like what you're seeing? Pin this picture for later on Pinterest!

To start, I used the 5" x 7" Foliage Frame die and cut it twice, once from white cardstock and once from brown glitter cardstock.

I took the white frame and heat embossed it with Perissa WOW! Embossing powder. I took the glitter frame and cut off the leafy branches, then I set these two pieces aside.


To create the background, I ink blended a 5" x 7" white cardstock panel with Oxide Inks in Seedless Preserves, Spiced Marmalade and Mustard Seed. I blended the inks in a diagonal fashion along the panel and added some water splatter, removing it with a dry towel.


I took the embossed foliage frame and adhered it to the background with foam strips for dimension. Next, I took the cut up brown glitter branches and glued them down behind the embossed frame to create more leafiness with a glitter shine! This just makes the frame more full and adds an extra layer of shine and dimension for a fun effect.

I put the panel in my Tim Holtz Tonic Stamping platform and stamped out the "Happy Thanksgiving" sentiment with Versafine Clair Nocturne ink. The platform just helped me stamp this out flawlessly since the card panel already had some dimension to it. You could stamp this out freehand with an acrylic block if you feel comfortable with it.


I adhered the panel to a 5" x 7" white card base and finished it off with a few embellishments. I used the Goldmine Rhinestone Mix on the frame and around the background. I also added some Morning Dew Nuvo Drops. And voila - my card was complete!

As always, thanks for stopping by. And don't forget to leave me a comment, as I love hearing from you! And don't forget to follow me on Instagram @deezinesbyd where I have a ton more inspiration!


xxx

Supplies 

(note: if I can't find the same product used, I will always link something similar)

Comments

Popular Posts