Pretty in Pink Gingerbread House | The Maker's Movement

 Hello Crafters and Welcome Back!

Do you just make Christmas cards at the end of the year or are you, what I like to call, a "year-rounder" like myself? I have another holiday card to share today but I'm pretty sure I'll still be Christmas cardmaking into January 😁. Either way it's always great to get a jump start on next years cards. Today I'm sharing this pink-themed gingerbread house using products from The Maker's Movement


Like what you're seeing? Pin this picture for later on Pinterest!

This card is sized 7" x 4" and to start I did some diecutting with the Maker's Movement Gingerbread House Die Set. I used a mix of cardstock in pink, cream, white and light brown colours. I also used the tree die from the Yeti Christmas Stamp & Die set to cut out 3 trees. Once everything was cut out, I worked on my background. 


I cut 2 pink cardstock panels to 7" x 4" and 6.5" x 3.5". I adhered the larger panel to a 7" x 4" white card base. Before working on the pink haze behind the house on the smaller panel, I had to partially construct the gingerbread house. I adhered the roof and added the snow on the roof with foam micro squares. 

Then, I positioned the house on the panel and drew soft pencil lines to mark where the house would go. This makes it easier for me to see where the outline of the house would be and to add ink in the right places. I proceeded to add Altenew Rouge ink with a small blending brush around the house and blend it out a little into the pink cardstock. 


Once the haze was right, I repositioned the house and lined up my sentiment from the Gingerbread Man Stamp & Die set. I heat embossed this in white embossing powder. I also used the 2 snowflake stamps from the Warm Wishes Stamp & Die set to stamp out some snowflakes in white pigment ink on the top half of the card. They create a soft stamped image without being too stark to take away from the house. 

I then adhered the panel to the card base with a slightly smaller panel of foam for dimension. I attached the gingerbread house with foam squares and assembled the rest of the details of the house, along with the trees and gingerbread man. 


Finally, I used a white gelly roll pen to add dots on the background and house to simulate snow. I added some Icicle Stickles to the snow, windows, trees and gingerbead man to create that glisten snow makes. And I experimented with adding some pink confetti (Sizzix), sequins (CraftMedley), gems and pearls (Honey Bee Stamps) to embellish the background. I usually stick to one or two types of embellishments but this mix of pearls, gems and sequins has a really nice effect.

And that's it for my card inspo today! I hope you've been inspired to make something similar yourself. All of the products have been linked below for your shopping pleasure! 

As always, thanks for stopping by. And don't forget to leave me a comment, as I love hearing from you! And don't forget to follow me on Instagram @deezinesbyd where you'll find a bunch more inspo!!


xxx

Supplies 

(note: I will always try to link the exact product or something similar) 

Comments

Popular Posts