Wood Grain Christmas Window | The Maker's Movement

 Hello Crafters and Welcome Back!

Today I'm sharing this Christmas window scene card that I made with a grey wood grain background. I created this card using some great products from The Maker's Movement and, believe it or not, that wood background was made entirely with one small die! It took some time to cut out all the planks, add ink and piece it together, but the results were well worth it!


Like what you're seeing? Pin this picture for later on Pinterest!

As mentioned, I started off with The Maker's Movement Window Die Set and used the wood plank die to cut out about 30 planks from dark grey cardstock. I used some white pigment ink and lightly brushed some on the edges to bring out the wood grain embossing and appear like snow or frost.  I then took an A2-sized card panel and added Tombow Dot Runner to the entire panel. I placed the plank die cuts on the panel in rows and would cut off the overhangs as I went, adding the cut off pieces to each successive row. 


Once the panel was complete, I used the solid rectangle die to cut out a piece of cream cardstock. I used Memento Tuxedo Black ink to stamp out the fireplace scene from the Home Sweet Home stamp set onto the cream rectangle. I used some Copic Ciao Markers to add colour to the scene.

Next, I took the window pane die and cut it out of Silver Mirror cardstock. I added some small foam squares to the window pane and attached it to the firplace scene rectangle diecut. I then, adhered the entire window to the wood grain background.


The Window Die Set also comes with two curtain dies which I used to cut curtains from red glitter cardstock. I attached them to the card with foam squares.

For the sentiment, I simply heat embossed the main and subsentiment from the Home Sweet Home stamp set with white embossing powder. I used my MISTI for this since the wood grain background has embossing. This way I could stample the sentiment multiple times.


Finally, I used a white gelly roll pen to add dots on the wood grain to simulate snow. I added some Christmas Red, Golden Rod and Diamond Stickles to the coloured scene. And I added a few snowflake embellishments from The Maker's Movement Jingle Bells Shaker Sprinkles set. 

And that's it for my card inspo today! I hope you've been inspired to make something similar yourself. All of the products have been linked below for your shopping pleasure! 

As always, thanks for stopping by. And don't forget to leave me a comment, as I love hearing from you! And don't forget to follow me on Instagram @deezinesbyd where you'll find a bunch more inspo!!


xxx

Supplies 

(note: I will always try to link the exact product or something similar) 

Comments

Popular Posts