The Ton Floral Party Dress | Encouragement/Congrats IG Discovery Hop

  Hello and Welcome!

Today I have a card that I made for this month's IG Discovery Hop themed Encouragement/Congrats! I chose to go with the encouragement theme and made this fun card using some older stamps I have from The Ton Stamps. I absolutely love this stamp company and it's couture style! Plus I actually know what the "The Ton" means now that I've watched Bridgerton on Netflix😅. 

A little background on this hop is that it is run by card creators for card creators on IG, where we search through our craft supplies to create projects by rediscovering our stash! It's a great way to save some money and use what you have. Each month has a theme and this month is encouragement. To hop along visit my post on IG @deezinesbyd



For this post I have a short video/reel you can view below!

Watch the Video Short For This Card


Like what you're seeing? Pin this picture for later on Pinterest!

This card uses The Ton Stamps only aside from the ink and I love the modern and classy look of it. This style of card is by far my favourite to make. Hope you like it too!

Process Outline:

1) Stamp out the Haute Gala Dress from The Ton in Versafine Clair Nocturne ink on a white cardstock panel (slightly smaller than 5" x 7") and on masking paper. 

2) Cut the dress out of the masking paper but keep the negative peice.

3) Adhere the negative peice to the card panel carefully.

4) Now set up the panel in a stamp positioner - I used the MISTI.



5) Line up the first stamp from the Peony Notes Bundle (I think this set is now discontinued) so that it fills most of the dress. Stamp it out using Pigment Craft Co. Medina Ink.

6) Stamp the next layer using PCC Terracotta ink and the final layer using PCC Rosewood Ink.

7)  Now use a small blending brush to add ink in PCC Himalayan over the peonies.

8) Use the same method to add ink to the rest of the dress in Altenew Sapphire and Desert Night Inks


9) Remove the mask to reveal the beautiful floral dress!

10) Use a larger blending brush to add Altenew Pink Pearl and Coral Bliss around the edges and center of the card panel.

11) Use some coloured pencils to colour in the lady's body and hair. I used Prismacolor pencils and made my lady a brown princess. I love this part because you can make your lady any ethnicity/race.

12) Stamp out the main sentiment in Versafine Clair Twilight ink. 

13) Use the MISTI or any stamp positioner to mould the other two encouragement sentiments along the curve of the dress and stamp them out. I thought this would give this card a little bit of flair, not that it doesn't have enough already.


14) Matte the card panel onto a silver glitter cardstock panel and adhere it to a 5" x 7" white card base.

15) Add some diamond Stickles to the florals and bottom edge of the dress.

16) Add a few clear gems to the dress and background.

And that is how I completed this card! I absolutely love the look of this card and really hope you do too! Plus, I used what I already have in my stash!

I hope you've been inspired to make something similar of your own! And don't forget to leave a comment, as I do love hearing from you! Also, please make sure to follow me and hop along on Instagram: @deezinesbyd . The designers in this hop are super talented!



Comments

Popular Posts