February Mixed Media Journal Page

 Hello Friends and Crafters!

Lately, I've started a Mixed Media Journal and I wanted to do a page for each month to keep track of special dates and goals. I know it's a bit late but here is a page for February. I used Altenew Gouache for the blue background and the 365 stamps for the calendar, Yana's Anemones by Spellbinders and Concord & 9th's alphabets to stamp out words, including February. All in all, I'm hoping I can keep this up on a monthly basis so stay tuned!



Watch the Reel On YouTube

Like what you're seeing? Pin this picture for later on Pinterest!

Here are some more photos of this painting. To see a short video on the various stages on the process, simply click the YouTube Video Short link above.  

I've been itching to use Yana's Anemone dies for a while now and I thought some pink anemones on a deep blue background would look stunning. So I used some painters tape and washi tape to mask off my Arteza Watercolor Journal and I added some Altenew Gouache in Prussian Blue. I think I've finally got the consistency of water to gouache down to get nice even coverage. In this case, I tried to keep the left edge a bit darker than the right. So I slowly added more water as I painted the patch moving towards the right. I also painted the masked areas on the other side and removed the tape.

To finish off my painting, I added some white gouache splatter.


While the paint dried completely, I used Yana's Anemone Dies by Spellbinders and cut two Anemone Bunches with white and gold mirror cardstock. I did some ink blending on the petals with Altenew Rose Quartz, Pinkalicious and Paper Bag Crisp Dye Inks. I used my small details brushes for this and then added more detail with my Prisma Colored Pencils.

I added the anemones to the journal pages and cut off over hanging edges. I made sure to use any cut off pieces on the other edges of the page. Then I used VersaFine Clair Nocturne Ink and Concord & 9th's Bold & Brushy Uppercase and Lowercase stamps to stamp out February and the heart. 



I used Altenew's 365 Stamp set to stamp out the calendar and highlight important dates. And I also used a mix of both stamp sets by Altenew and C9 to stamp out the words on the left side of the page. Then I ruled some lines for my written entry using a ruler and my Black Pigma Micron Pen. Then to add a bit more gold, I used a gold marker pen to add extra dots ad hearts on the pages.

And that's my Journal Page for February!

As always, thanks for stopping by. And don't forget to leave me a comment, as I love hearing from you! And don't forget to follow me on Instagram @deezinesbyd where I have a ton more inspiration!

xx

Comments

Popular Posts