Four Petal Collection | Spellbinders

 Hello Friends!

Spellbinders just released the Four Petal Collection and it is full of floral fun! I have 3 cards to share that feature products from this collection and I have to admit that my favourite is the Four Petal 3D Embossing Folder, (for which I'll have more inspiration coming soon). 


Watch the Reels on YouTube


(premieres Feb 11th👇)

Like what you're seeing? Pin this picture for later on Pinterest!

Card 1

This card is a bit of an interactive card, in that you can switch out the sentiments that are held on with the small clothes pins. 

So for this one, the background is dry embossed with the Four Petal Floral 3D Embossing Folder. The panel is about 4.75" x 6.75" and I added some gold pigment ink over the edges to highlight some of the dimension (which is amazing by the way!)


I cut out all of the floral and greenery images using the dies from the Four Petal Thank You Floral die set. These were all cut out of white cardstock and I added ink to them using a small blending brush. I used a mix of Altenew inks and made sure to do some blending of different shades to create a dual tone effect on some of the florals. I did the same with the greenery and this technique just adds extra depth!

I assembled the floral vine and attached some florals with liquid glue and some with foam squares, right onto the embossed panel. I created a 5" x 7" card base from black cardstock and before adhering my panel, I wrapped a black piece of twine around the panel twice near the bottom. I adhered the twine to the back of the panel with tape and thene adhered this to the card base. I made sure not to make the twine too tight/pulled too taut so that I can add my pins and sentiments. Add two small clothes pins to the twine ( I got these on Amazon).

I first, embellished the florals with some clear gems and allowed that to dry. My final step was to heat emboss 3 sentiments from the Four Petal Sweet Day Flowers Stamp set with white embossing powder on black cardstock. I cut each out into a small banner and then I could use any of the 3 sentiments to attach to the pins on the twine. 

This is a fun idea if you want to give your card to a recipient to be re-used. Just add the extra sentiments to the envelope explaining that you can switch them up, so the card can be regifted for another ocassion all together. It's also great if you're giving the unused card as a gift, not knowing what the recipient will use it for. Either way, I just think it's a neat feature to play with!

To see how this works, click the corresponding YouTube Video Short link above.


Card 2


This is a fun and pretty simple little card to make. I used SB Silver Foil to foil the Wondeful Tulips Glimmer plate on light green cardstock. Then I used the edge die included in the set to cut the tulips and trimmed the cardctock at the bottom left corner. I added colour to this image with my Copics in greens, blues, pinks and purples. Then to add detail to the flowers, I added extra sketch lines with a Sakura White Gelly Roll Pen and a Black Pigma Micron pen.

I created a 4.5" x 6" white card base and used the edge die to cut a shaped card. I also cut the same shape from turquoise glitter cardstock. I adhered this in a offset manner underneath the tulips and then adhered the entire panel to the card front. Then I added a sentiment on the inside of the card using the Four Petal Sweet Day Flowers Stamp set in Versafine Clair Cianti ink.

For the sentiment on the front, I foiled the sentiment from the Wonderful Tulips Glimmer set. I used SB Pink Foil on dark green cardstock and cut this out with the coordinating die. I adhered this to the card front with foam adhesive. Finally, I embellished the front with some SB Purple Opalescent Sequins.


Card 3


Now this card is a sneak peek of a collection of cards I'll be sharing in the upcoming days. I just couldn't wait to show you!😆 I used the Four Petal Floral 3D Embossing Folder to emboss a 5" x 7" panel and then I coloured this in, quite literally, with detail blending brushes and various inks! It took a bit of time but it was well worth it! The results are so vibrant and stunning and I'm guessing that this folder is going to sell out quick! It is amazing! 

As I mentioned, this is just a sneak peek of the collection of cards I'll be sharing in the next few days. So stay tuned and be sure to subscribe to my YouTube Channel (linked above) so you can see how I put this card and a couple others together! Details to come and I will have a video tutorial for you.

And that is my card inspiration for the Four Petal Collection for now! 
As always all of the products used here have been listed below - Happy Shopping!

Also, don't forget to check out/follow me on my Instagram account @deezinesbyd. I will be posting reels of these and other creations featuring this months' Spellbinders release throughout the month!

Supplies 

Comments

Popular Posts