Floral Easter Card With The Climbing Clematis Set | AECP All About Layering 3

  Hello Friends and Crafters!

Today I'm sharing a project I made for my first AECP submission. I used the Altenew Climbing Clematis Stamp set to practice my layering skills as taught in the All About Layering 3 Course. I chose to use soft colours and a mix of products for the sentiment to create a floral Easter card. I'm also using this card as one of the stops on the Rediscovery Hop over on Instagram - so don't forget to check that out too 👉 @deezinesbyd. I've got a short reel posted there as well.


Like what you're seeing? Pin this picture for later on Pinterest!

I started off by cutting a blush panel of cardtsock slightly smaller than 5" x 7". I wanted my card to be larger than a traditional A2-sized card simply so I could fit the "easter" sentiment on it. I used the Altenew Inline Alpha Die Set and cut out the word "easter" from gold mirror cardstock. I used a ruler and pencil to find the middle of my blush cardstock panel and drew a line with the panel in landscape orientation. Then, I adhered my die-cut sentiment on the line, making sure to erase it afterwards.

To complete my sentiment, I took Altenew's Warm Blessings stamp set and used my MISTI to mask off the "sending warm" portion of the stamp, and stamped out the "blessings" portion in Versafine Clair Nocturne ink. The result is "easter blessings". I love combining sentiments in this fashion to create custom phrases for my cards.


I picked a mix of light pinks and peaches to complete my layered stamping with the Altenew Climbing Clematis Set. I chose 3 sets of 4 Altenew Crisp Dye ink colours to stamp out the various flower petals and they were as follows:

Set 1 - Blush, Rouge, Pink Pearl, Coral Bliss
Set 2 - Frosty Red, Pink Diamond, Baby Pink, Pinkalicious
Set 3 - Blush, Peach Perfect, Pastel Sunrise, Canyon Clay

For the flower centers, I used a mix of Velvet, Rubellite, Warm Sunshine and Enchanted Gold Pigment ink. For the leaves, I used Frayed Leaf, Forest Glades and Evergreen inks.


In order to stamp out the flower clusters, I did have to make a mask of the two largest flowers in this set. And I just used pieces of masking paper to cover the petals when adding the leaves around the smaller flowers. I have to admit that I normally use a MISTI to stamp out my layers, especially for Altenew sets. However, following the tips from the course really helped me get more comfortable with using my acrylic blocks for layering and, coincidentally, that's how I stamped out this card. Playing/practicing with the set helped me line up the images easily and the process is much faster with the blocks than my MISTI. 


Part way through stamping my florals, I dropped my Rouge mini ink pad on my panel in the bottom left corner. Hopefully you can't see it now, but that incident is was made me add the Pattern Play - Diamonds Stamp Set as a background to my card. For this I had to use my stamp positioner and I inked up the stamp with Morning Frost ink and blotted some off with a dry towel anywhere it got close to the florals. This gave the faded look that I got here as you move towards the center of the panel. To finish this card off, I added some Champagne Glitter Drops by Pinkfresh Studio.

As you can see, this card turned out beautifully, even with my mistake! And I'm so happy to be using my acrylic blocks more for layered stamping! I hope you like it!

As always, thanks for stopping by. And don't forget to leave me a comment, as I love hearing from you! Please don't forget to visit my profile on Instagram @deezinesbyd where I have a short reel posted for this card!


xx

Supplies 

Comments

  1. Congratulations on your first submission for AECP! WOOT WOOT!! You did a fantastic job!! Way to go! Your card looks absolutely beautiful, the additional details are gorgeous. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!!!💕 I know it took me a while to get started on the lessons 😅

      Delete

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment as I always love hearing from you! 😃

Popular Posts