The Airy Flowers Stencil Part 2 | A Colorful Life Designs

  Hello Friends and Welcome!

I shared a slimline card using the Airy Flowers Stencil from A Colorful Life Designs last week and I have another one using a mix of colours this time! (If you're placing an order, use code DeepaFan10 for a discount!) I absolutely love this stencil because of the pretty florals and intricacy of this product. I used some more watercolours and tried to create a gradient in colour/shade from light to dark as you move up the panel. This card has more of an artistic feel to it and would be perfect for mother's day with the right sentiment. I have another project to share with this stencil, so follow/subscribe and stay tuned!


Shop at A Colorful Life Designs
(click here👇)

The Airy Flowers Stencil 6" x 9"

Like what you're seeing? Pin this picture for later on Pinterest!

Here are a couple more photos of this card. I cut a 8" x 4" panel of white watercolour cardstock, added some pixie spray to the back of the Airy Flowers Stencil and placed it on top of the panel. This panel was my first try, and so you can see I got some leakage as compared to the card I shared last week which was try #2. It takes a bit of practice to get the right amount of adhesive spray on intricate stencils like this. I like to place my stencil on scrap paper and spray it with the adhesive in fits and starts. I don't continuously spray but spray and stop, over and over until I have full coverage. This prevents strings of adhesive and then I remove it from the paper and place it on another scrap until the adhesive becomes semi-permanent.  


I then used Arteza Metallic Watercolor Paints and Altenew's Watercolor 36 Pan Set to paint in the stencil. Since there's a mix of colours, this panel took a bit of time to paint. I removed the stencil and allowed the panel to dry. Once dry, I cut 1/4" off the width and length anad matted it onto a white slimline card base.

The sentiment is from the Pinkfresh Studio Foile Sentiments pack and I finished this card off with some Pinkfresh Studio Iridescent Clear Drops thorughout the background.


And that's my A Colorful Life Designs card inspiration for today! 

As always, thanks for stopping by and don't forget to leave me a comment, as I love hearing from you! Please don't forget to visit my profile on Instagram @deezinesbyd !


-x-

Supplies 

Comments

Popular Posts