Off The Edge Stamping with the Altenew Cattleya Set | AECP All About Layering 4

 Hello Friends and Crafters!

Today I'm sharing a project I made for my second AECP submission. I used the Altenew Build-A-Flower Cattleya Stamp Set (which is one of my faves) and to give it a softer look, I didn't use the outline stamp. I decided to use the complimentary colours, purple and yellow, and I placed the stamps hanging off the edge. I usually make my card pretty complicated and with lots of elements, so I tried my best to make this one a bit simpler.  


Like what you're seeing? Pin this picture for later on Pinterest!

My last project for All About Layering 3 used the smaller floral stamps from the Climbing Clematis Set. So this time, I thought I'd challenge myself by using larger stamps as in the Cattleya Build-A-Flower Stamp set. I used my larger acrylic blocks and stamped these out by hand, which is new for me as I usually always use my MISTI. It takes a little more practice using larger stamps and I'm really trying to master the skill of layered stamping with blocks!

I started off by stamping out the largest Cattleya using the Enchanted Garden Set of Crisp Dye Inks on a panel slightly smaller than 5" x 7". I stuck to the first 3 lightest colours and stamped my image hanging off the edge, such that the flower was pointing inwards. I wanted the florals to point inwards to the sentiment. I then stamped out the second flower beside it using the Pockeful of Sunshine Set of Crisp Dye Inks. Again, I stuck to the 3 lightest colours and I used Rocky Shore and Mocha for the bud and stems to change up the colours a bit.


Once I'd stamped out the panel, keeping the florals to the top left corner, I die cut the Fancy Hello Sentiment from brown glitter cardstock ( to match the buds) and adhered it to the panel. I used some Versafine Clair Nocturne ink to stamp out the sub-sentiment which is also from the Cattleya set. I matted this card panel on black cardstock and adhered it to a 5" x 7" white card base. Finally, I added some Pinkfresh Studio Champagne Glitter Drops for shine.

And that's how easily this card came together! I used some of the tips and tricks from the lessons to successfully stamp these larger images with my acrylic block. It's a huge feat for me and I'm so happy I'm able to do this now as it's much easier and faster! 

As always, thanks for stopping by. And don't forget to leave me a comment, as I love hearing from you! 


xx

Supplies 

Comments

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment as I always love hearing from you! 😃

Popular Posts