Beautiful Details Class Projects | Altenew Educator's Certification Program

  Hello Friends and Crafters!

I'm so happy to have passed my Level 1 Challenge for the AECP. So today I'm moving on to level 2 and sharing a couple cards I made with the skills learned in the Beautiful Details Class. I really enjoyed this class as it has an artistic twist and I love adding my own unique details to my projects. I made one card with tones of purple and the other with a mix of pinks and reds. For both cards, I added my own touch with some black pen marks, outlines and whisps! This technique was my favourite from the lessons and I love how you can make your cards completely unique!


Like what you're seeing? Pin this picture for later on Pinterest!

My first card uses a few of the solid stamps from the Rose Spray Stamp Set and I stuck to tones of one colour like the card that Marika gave us as inspiration. She used Tombow markers with her stamps but I really just wanted to try this technique with the Altenew Sugarplums colour family of Crisp Dye Inks.


I used the stem stamps as is and stamped those out in opposite corners of an A2-sized card panel. Then I used a couple of the floral stamps to stamp out a unique flower, using the stamps in a new way and definatley not following the instructions on the package. I love that I can break free from the normal way of stamp layering and just stamp a design that loosely looks like a flower. As you can tell, I love anything artistic like this!


Marika uses second generation stamping to get varied tones but since I have the whole colour family, I just used the lighter tones of purple (Amethyst and Pale Mauve) to give the same look. Once I was satisfied with my stamping, I pulled out a Black Pigma Micron Pen and added some doodles to create more of the outline and definition of the flower. I added some small stand alone flowers and dots. I also used the Pigma Micron Brush marker to create a couple whisps so that there'd be a mix of thin and thick lines.


For my sentiment, I used a mix of black pigment ink and Grape Agate Altenew Ink to stamp out "thinking of you" from the Build-A-Flower: Columbine set. I then added some of the purple inks to strips of white cardstock and cut a strip of black glitter cardstock. I layered the strips, cut the panel down a bit to get a border and then arranged everything on an A2-sized white card base. Finally, I added a few clear gems for shine.


For my second card, I used Tombow markers as Marika did and used the second generation stamping technique. Then to mix things up a bit I decided to use 2 colours, a red (815) and pink (685). I concentrated the pattern on the bottom and sides of the A2 card panel. And this time I used stamps from the older Hope stamp set. I chose to only use a couple of the leafy stamps and the bud stamp. So for this card, I stuck more to the true shape of the stamp rather than creating another image from it.


However, I still used the technique of adding my own black details to make this card my own. I used a mix of the thin and brush black Pigma Micron Pens to add outlines, dots and lots of whispy lines to this design.

I assembled this card on an A2 card base and stamped out the "hope" sentiment from the same set. Then, I added the heat embossed sentiment strip at the bottom. On both cards, I added a bit of extra shine with clear gems and some Stardust Stickles.

All in all, I loved this class and Marika's commentary. I'm excited to use these skills on my future projects! As always, thanks for stopping by. And don't forget to leave me a comment, as I love hearing from you! 


xx

Supplies 

Comments

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment as I always love hearing from you! 😃

Popular Posts