Beyond Basic Backgrounds Class Projects | Altenew Educator's Certification Program

   Hello Friends and Crafters!

Today I'm sharing a card I made using skills picked up from the Beyond Basics Background class as part of the AECP. I always knew about the technique I used today, but had never really used it before. I have to say that I'm so amazed at how nicely this turned out and it's now on my list of favourite techniques. Lydia hosts this class and she uses ombre a lot, so I had to give it a try myself. Of course I couldn't stick to one colour, so I went from red to peach using the Build-A-Flower Poppy. The technique I used was creating a stencil from your coordinating dies. Hope you like it!


Like what you're seeing? Pin this picture for later on Pinterest!

As I mentioned, I used the Build-A-Flower Poppy stamp set and dies. I chose a larger die for my stencil since Lydia used a small one on hers. And I felt the larger space would show more of the ombre ink blending. So I took a 5" x 7" cardstock panel in the heaviest weight I had and used my die to cut poppies in various places for the stencil. I ended up cutting 5 poppies because an odd number is more aesthetically pleasing to the eye. 


I placed the stencil onto a 5" x 7" white card panel and ink blended the Altenew inks from darkest to lightest up the panel. I used Grapevine, Ruby Red, Coral Berry, Pastel Pink and Peach Perfect, in that order. I then removed my stencil and stamped out the poppy outlined. I had to make sure my ink blending was dry and used an antistatic tool for heat embossing. I heat embossed these in Altenew Rose Gold embossing powder. And I also heat embossed the detail layer with white embossing powder, as I wanted it to be darker but still keep the ink blending underneath.


The background was stark white, so I added just a hint of Grapevine ink from the bottom upwards in the white areas. This just softened up the stenciled poppies a bit. The sentiment was stamped from the Build-A-Flower Chrysanthemum set. I did some masked stamping using the Grapevine ink for the scripty font and Versafine Clair Nocturne Ink for the typed font. I also added a sentiment strip heat embossed from the BAF Anemone stamp set. I added the strip in a vertical fashion for some interest (I've been playing with sentiment strips like this a lot lately). 

I used my black Pigma Micron pen to add some depth to the center of the poppies with a few drawn lines. I cut down the panel slightly to get a border and matted it onto black cardstock. I added this to a 5" x 7" white card base and then I added some clear gems throughout the background for shine.


I absolutely love this technique and think the added clear embossing really makes these poppies POP! 😄I'm excited to use this and the different techniques shared in the class for future card designs

And that's my bit of Altenew card inspo for today. Please don't forget to leave me a comment, as I love hearing from you! 


xx

Supplies 

Comments

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment as I always love hearing from you! 😃

Popular Posts