The Glimmer for the Holidays Collection by Spellbinders

  Hello Friends!

Today is release day at Spellbinders and one of my favourite collections this month is the Glimmer for the Holidays Collection. The collection includes 5 glimmer plate sets, one with a coordinating die for sentiment banners and one with coordinating stencils for easy ink application! If you're into foiling, this collection is one you're going to love too! I'm sharing 5 cards with a mix of some past Spellbinders products and hope something here inspires you. I also have a quick Reel/Video Short linked below if you'd like to watch it.


Shop the Collection Here 👇

Watch The Reel On YouTube

Like what you're seeing? Pin this picture for later on Pinterest!

Pine Sprays and Comfort & Joy Sentiments 
Hot foil plates and dies 


This card was foiled using the Pine Sprays plate in Matte Gold foil. This look is so classic and simple to do. I added a sentiment banner foiled in polished brass foil from the Comfort & Joy set and for some interest, I added some gold twine behind it. I also added a few diecuts from the Make It Merry Floral Die Cuts pack along with some Ruby glitter drops.


I decided to have some fun with this one. If you look closely at the foiling, you can see somewhat of an ombre effect. Its so hard to get the full effect with still photos but if  you click the reel/video short link, you can see this effect much better. I used 3 panels of foil on one plate in Cobalt Blue, Skybright and Silver foil! The trick to this is to attach your foils in one sheet with washi tape and foil the plate in one go. Stay tuned to my YouTube channel as I will have a video showing this coming soon (click the reel/video short link and subscribe). I then added some die cuts from the Make It Merry Floral Dies set with some silver twine. 

Full Bloom Poinsettia Hot Foil Plate and Stencils


I foiled the Full Bloom Poinsettia plate with Spellbinders Starburst foil, which always gives such a gorgeous effect on detailed foil plates. I used the coordinating stencils with pink and purple inks for a different look. Then I used the Hexi-gem dies to cut a section of the panel and matted it with the next size up of hexi-gem die. I propped this piece up with foam and added the sentiment banner from the Comfort & Joy Sentiments set. 


This card was super simple to make too. I foiled the Full Bloom Poinsettia on red cardstock with Red Foil. This card shows you that you can use the foil plate for simple designs without the coordinating stencils. I did some ink blending on the edges and added some diecut pieces from the Make It Merry Floral Dies set with the sentiment banner. 

Swirling Foliage Tree Hot Plate


The Swirling Foliage Tree Glimmer Plate is also a great one to have in your collection and is perfect for mass production. All you would have to do is foil a bunch of darker cardstocks with light foils and lighter cardstocks with darker foils (for contrast). Then to step this one up I did some darker ink blending on the edges which doesn't take long. The Comfort & Joy Sentiments foil plates and die are also ideal for this because you can foil 10 sentiments and cut 5 sentiments at a time. I used 3 sentiments on this tree tryng to keep shorter sentiments near the top and longer ones near the bottom of the tree (to match with the tapered shape). Then I finished this off with gold pearls for interest. 

And that is my card inspiration for the Glimmer for the Holidays Collection

Also, don't forget to check out/follow me on my Instagram account @deezinesbyd. I will be posting reels of these and other creations featuring this months' Spellbinders releases throughout the month!

-x-

SUPPLIES

Comments

Popular Posts