BetterPress Registration Collection | Spellbinders

   Hello Friends!

Today I'm sharing 3 cards using the NEW BetterPress Place & Press Registration Collection by Spellbinders. These sets come with a registration tool (acetate template) that you tape onto your BP magnetic platform to line up your plates, section-by-section, to create a final image. The beauty of using the registration plates is that you can use multiple colours of ink on one image in a strategic way. So of course, I chose to step it up a little by making one card with metallic inks on dark cardstock and the other cards use a mix of colours blended into eachother. I really like how the purple, blue and pink card turned out. What do you think?


Shop the Collection Here 👇

Like what you're seeing? Pin this picture for later on Pinterest!

Metallic Ink on Dark Cardstock



I simply used the BetterPress plates from the Thank You Blooms press plates set, to add gold, bronze and silver inks onto Mahogany Spellbinders Cardstock. This technique works best with a darker cardstock so those metallic inks really show up wheen pressed into the cardstock. I added a silver frame and some gems and perarls to finish this on off. Keep in mind, that if you don't have metallic inks but you do have the Glimmer Hot Foil System, you can always foil these plates as well for a different type of metallic look.


Blended Inks with the Registration Plates


On this card, I used the Thank You Blooms again but with each BP plate. I carefully mixed the ink as I added it to the plates right from the ink pads. I usually start with the lighter colour of ink and ink up the portion of the plate I want. Then, I use the darker ink and slightly overlap the ink with the first colour of ink to create a kind of ombre effect. This creates a nice blend and I really love how this card turned out! You can think of this technique working in the same way you would blend inks on a stamp before stamping it out. 



This card uses the same ink blending effect with more blunt edges than in the thank you card. This set is called Blooming Garden and has 3 different plates to choose from for the sentiment. I also chose to create this card using the pebble cotton cardstock meant to be used with the BetterPress (also available in the Spellbinders store).


And that is my card inspiration for the NEW BetterPress Place & Press Registration Collection by Spellbinders! As always all of the products used here have been listed below - Happy Shopping! There are also two new sets of inks that were released this month. I didn't get a chance to use them here but stay tuned for more inspo with those inks.

Also, don't forget to check out/follow me on my Instagram account @deezinesbyd. I  have a bunch more inspiration there in posts and reel-form.

Supplies

Comments

Popular Posts