Beautiful Diamond Dahlias | Pinkfresh Studio August 2024 Challenge

  Hello Friends and Crafters!

I was able to take some time to create a couple cards for the Pinkfresh Studio August 2024 Challenge . This one was all about washi tape and I have a bunch of Pinkfresh Washi so this was right up my alley! I have a lot of the older tapes, so I chose the Dahlia washi and used this with the coordinating die and other Pinkfresh products to put these cards together. I also have a reel on Instagram showing a bit of the cardmaking process, so please check that out too (link below)!


Challenge Sketch

Watch My Reel On Instagram (click below)👇

Like what you're seeing? Pin this picture for later on Pinterest!


These 2 cards were made with one technique that results in two cards, which is always a great way to be productive. I love getting more out of my crafting sessions. 


I first applied the Dahlia Washi to a white piece of cardstock and cut out the images with the coordinating die. I used the Sparkling Diamonds Cover Die to cut two mahogany cardstock panels. I then arranged the diecut dahlias on one panel and picked up all the pieces with Press N' Seal. 


Next, I used the Nested Diamonds dies to cut a diamond from the center of the diecuts on the Press N Seal. I had to be very careful when doing this so as to not lose the pieces attached to the Press N' Seal. This portion of the technique can be a little finicky but is well worth the result. I attached the negative portion of this die cut to one of the mahoany panels and the cut out diamond to the second panel, using foam adhesive. Then I cut off the overhanging pieces from the first panel.


To clean up the look of these cards, I foiled and cut more Nested Diamonds and added one each to the 2 cards. On the second card (shown above), I added an extra dahlia die cut on top of the diamond. Then I stamped out a sentiment from the Circle Floral Stamp Set in gold ink and die cut it and attached it to the card.


On the first card with with more dahlia die cuts, I added a sentiment from one of the pre-foiled and pre-cut sentiment packages from Pinkfresh Studio. Finally, I finished off both cards with some Twilight Ombre Glitter Drops.

And that's how I put together these cards for the challenge. I hope you like these designs and might give this technique a try.

As always, thanks for stopping by. And don't forget to leave me a comment, as I love hearing from you! And don't forget to follow me on Instagram @deezinesbyd where I have a ton more inspiration and a short reel for this card!


- x -

-----x---- Find DeeZinesByD Online ----x----

Blog: https://deezinesbyd.blogspot.com/

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/DeeZinesByD/

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/deezinesbyd/

Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.ca/deezinesbyd/

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8rkN79rqvpGRKCSufIQJAg


Comments

Popular Posts