✨ Bringing the Shine to Christmas in July! Light Up & Rainfall Bead Combo Card | Pear Blossom Press
Hello crafty friends!
It might be warm outside, but we are cooling down today with some beautiful winter inspiration. I am so excited to share my latest project as part of the Pear Blossom Press design team! Today, we are celebrating Christmas in July with a classic card that has a major interactive twist.
If you love holiday cards that sparkle, glow, and surprise whoever opens them, you are going to love this one.
🎥 Watch the Step-by-Step Tutorial
Want to see exactly how this interactive card comes together? I break down the entire process—from alignment and cutting to trapping the rainfall beads and wiring the light mechanism cleanly—in my latest video.
✨ In This Video, You’ll Learn:
How to create a seamless rainfall bead feature using the NEW Bead Kit from Pear Blossom Press to give your holiday elements a gorgeous, glistening texture.
Tips for cutting and alignment to perfectly integrate an interactive tree shaker directly into a bold word layout like "PEACE."
How to build a flawless light-up and shaker combo by cleanly wiring a single light right at the top of your shaker element for maximum impact.
Techniques for balancing classic holiday elegance with modern, interactive mechanisms to keep your Christmas cards both beautiful and fun.
✨ Shop Pear Blossom Press
A Classic "PEACE" Card with a Glistening Twist
For this project, I wanted to create a card that looks traditional and elegant at first glance, but offers a fun, dynamic experience when you hold it. I focused on a bold, clean "PEACE" design using striking gold foil and glittery borders.
But the real magic happens right in the center! Instead of using a standard letter "A," I decided to drop in a holiday focal point using the NEW Bead Kit from Pear Blossom Press.
By filling a tree die-cut window with these gorgeous, tiny beads, I created a flawless, moving rainfall bead Christmas tree.
To make things even more interesting, I turned this into a light-up and rainfall bead combo card. I wired a single Pear Blossom Press light right behind the star at the top of the tree. When you press it, the light illuminates the tree from above, catching the edges of the moving beads and giving the entire card an incredibly bright, glistening look!
Have you started your holiday cardmaking yet? Have you had a chance to play with the new Bead Kit? Let me know in the comments below—I'd love to hear what you're working on!
Until next time, happy crafting! 💖
SUPPLIES


Comments
Post a Comment
Please leave me a comment as I always love hearing from you! 😃